Ingredients, in detail.
We're asked often about what's the magic ingredient in our soap, and we can't answer that.
It's not because we are holding back our secrets.
It's because we don't know. It has something to do with Mother Nature and how she allows us to make soap.
Here is a complete list of our ingredients. If you're a competitor, we aren't going to tell you how much we use or how it's prepared. After all, we like our jobs.
But if you're using our products, we think you'll appreciate the details. We are committed to using all-natural products as much as we can. We're also committed to buying sustainably, and organically as possible. So here we go in alphabetical order:
- This is an oldie but a goodie. Using borax for cleaning is as natural as you can get, because it's a mineral found in nature. Some places have so much of it that it forms mountains. Legend has it that streams running through borax mountains became famous as places to wash clothing.
- Castor oils
- This is one of our "secret" ingredients, and quite an underrated natural ingredient. It has a reputation for making people gag, but there's a whole lot of goodness going on in those complex oils.
- Coconut oils
- Coconuts are the fruits (drupes) of a plant that enjoys a lot of sunlight. There's something about the feel and the smell of coconut oils that feels sunny.
- Nutmeg oils
- This is another one of our "secret" ingredients that isn't appreciated enough. We normally enjoy nutmeg as a spice, ground finely into our holiday egg nog. (I have a killer recipe for egg nog, by the way.)
- Potash (potasium hydroxide, or lye, or KOH for chemists)
- Soybean oils
- This is a staple of so many products, and goes a long way to helping us make a sustainable product. It truly acts as a foundation for all the other good things we put into our products.
- Water (distilled)
- Simple enough, at least for now.
So that's our list. If you have any comments or questions feel free to enter them below. We'd love to hear from you.